Scotlandâ€™s Wellbeing: Delivering the National Outcomes
2. Data has been identified to illustrate key features of Scotland's performance. In order to do so it draws on data from a range of time periods, depending on the issue being presented, in order to tell a succinct story about performance. Differences and comparisons are highlighted where they are of practical importance to policy and practice.
6. Since 2008, the Scottish Government (SG) has used the Anholt-GfK Roper Nations Brands Index[SM] to measure Scotland's reputation internationally.
7. The Tourism dimension focuses on respondents' perceptions of a country's attractiveness as a tourist destination, by asking four questions which cover 1) willingness to visit the country should money be no object, 2) whether the country is rich in natural beauty, 3) whether the country is rich in historic buildings and monuments and 4) whether the country has a vibrant city life and urban attractions.
11. Excluding travel time
16. Note that the turnover data (used to measure high growth) are lagged and will be for the 2016 year, at the latest, for most businesses.
20. Output per hour worked.
23. The following Scottish habitats are included in the NCAI: Woodland; Inland surface waters; Coastal; Grasslands; Mires, fens and bogs; Heathland; Agriculture and cultivated.
29. https://www.gov.scot/publications/scottish-greenhouse-gas-emissions-2016/pages/3 see also https://www.transport.gov.scot/publication/scottish-transport-statistics-no-37-2018-edition/sct01193326941-16/
30. Battery electric vehicles (BEV) and Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV).
31. Biodiversity indicators https://www.nature.scot/information-hub/indicators-trends/scotlands-indicators
34. The accessibility standard is taken to be equivalent to a five minute walk to the nearest publicly usable open space.
35. ONS, Labour Force Survey, Jan-Mar 2019, available at https://www2.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Labour-Market/LMTrends
37. ONS, Labour Force Survey, Jan-Mar '19
38. ONS Annual Population Survey, Jan-Dec 2018, available at: https://www.gov.scot/publications/regional-employment-patterns-scotland-statistics-annual-population-survey-2018/
41. The Living Wage is an independently set hourly rate which is calculated according to the basic cost of living in the UK.
44. For more information about the definition of combined material deprivation and low income and for other estimates of the number and proportion of people living in poverty in Scotland see: https://www.gov.scot/publications/poverty-income-inequality-scotland-2015-18/
45. Persistent poverty is defined as being in relative poverty (after housing costs), in at least 3 of the last 4 years.
47. The Trussell Trust link rising food bank use to UK welfare reform. https://www.trusselltrust.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/Early-Warnings-Universal-Credit-and-Foodbanks.pdf
48. GoWell briefing paper 30, December 2018
53. Measures the proportion of adults aged 16-64 with low or no qualifications, defined as SCQF level 4 or below.
54. SCQF interactive framework: https://scqf.org.uk/interactive-framework/
55. The proportion of establishments with at least one employee with skills and qualifications more advanced than required for their current role.
56. ILO (2014). Skills mismatch in Europe: https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---dgreports/---stat/documents/publication/wcms_315623.pdf
57. ILO (2017). How useful is the concept of skills mismatch?: https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---ed_emp/---ifp_skills/documents/publication/wcms_552798.pdf
58. Scottish Government Annual Population Survey (APS): https://www.gov.scot/publications/regional-employment-patterns-scotland-statistics-annual-population-survey-2017/
59. DfE (2018). Employer Skills Survey 2017: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employer-skills-survey-2017-uk-report
60. ONS (2015). Analysis of the UK labour market â€“ estimates of skills mismatch using measures of over and under education: https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/articles/analysisoftheuklabourmarketestimatesofskillsmismatchusingmeasuresofoverandundereducation/2015
61. NPF national indicator performance: https://nationalperformance.gov.scot/measuring-progress/national-indicator-performance
68. National Records of Scotland (2019), Healthy Life Expectancy for Scottish Areas, 2015-2017. https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/statistics-and-data/statistics/statistics-by-theme/life-expectancy/life-expectancy-in-scottish-areas/healthy-life-expectancy-in-scottish-areas-2015-2017
69. All figures age-standardised, i.e. after differences in the age profile of LGBO and heterosexual adults has been taken account of.
74. National Records of Scotland (2018), Drug Related Deaths in Scotland 2017, available at: https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files//statistics/drug-related-deaths/17/drug-related-deaths-17-pub.pdf
75. This refers to the availability of fixed broadband services with a download speed of at least 30 Mbit/s.
82. Including cinema
83. Including reading