Here are some tools, resources and ideas for how you can link with the NPF.
You can download versions of the NPF to view or print (including a Gaelic translation)
Download a slide pack with some general background information and advice on outcomes working. You are welcome to use this and adapt for your own circumstances.
The NPF around Scotland
Here are some snapshots of the range of work going on across Scotland that contributes to the NPF:
- Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership - Inter-agency Housing First Development housing first video.
- The Scottish Football Association’s Measuring the Value of Football in Scotland report outlines how a more active Scotland contributes to the NPF.
- The Scottish Futures Trust’s Corporate Plan 2019-2024 aligns its work priorities for a world-class infrastructure for the people of Scotland to the National Outcomes and SDGs.
- Zero Waste Scotland's latest corporate plan includes some great visuals showing how the organisation contributes to both the National Outcomes and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Engage Renfrewshire's 2018/2019 annual report outlines how they contribute to specific National Outcomes.
How the Scottish Government is using the NPF
- Climate Ready Scotland: climate change adaptation programme 2019-2024 takes an outcomes-based approach, derived from both the SDGs and the NPF.
- The Out of school care in Scotland draft framework - which is currently being consulted on - maps its vision to the NPF.
- The National Outcomes Framework for Volunteering illustrates the contribution that volunteering makes to the National Performance Framework.
Outcomes-based policy making process
Introductory step-by-step guide to outcomes-based policy making. Can be used alongside a template created in the development of an Environment Strategy that you can download and adapt to create your own.
Local Outcome Improvement Plans and National Outcomes
The Improvement Service has done some initial work mapping Local Outcome Improvement Plans (LOIPs) to the NPF National Outcomes. This is work in progress and can be downloaded here along with further information and context.