Versions of the NPF to view or print (including a Gaelic translation)
Download a slide pack with some general background information and advice on outcomes working. Use this and adapt it for your own circumstances.
The NPF around Scotland
Here are some snapshots of the range of work going on across Scotland that contributes to the NPF:
- The Scottish Football Associationâ€™s Measuring the Value of Football in Scotland report outlines how a more active Scotland contributes to the NPF.
- The Scottish Futures Trustâ€™s Corporate Plan 2019-2024 aligns its work priorities for a world-class infrastructure for the people of Scotland to the National Outcomes and SDGs.
- Zero Waste Scotland's latest corporate plan includes some great visuals showing how the organisation contributes to both the National Outcomes and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Engage Renfrewshire's 2018/2019 annual report outlines how they contribute to specific National Outcomes.
- Crown Estate Scotland's draft Corporate Plan 2020-23 demonstrates how their strategic objectives link to the National Outcomes and Sustainable Development Goals. It also outlines how progress on outcomes will add value.Â
How the Scottish Government is using the NPF
- Climate Ready Scotland: climate change adaptation programme 2019-2024 takes an outcomes-based approach. It isÂ derived from both the SDGs and the NPF.
- The Out of school care in Scotland draft frameworkÂ maps its vision to the NPF.
- The Ending Homelessness Together: High Level Action Plan includes a section with explicitly outlines how the plan will support the National Performance Framework, with a particular focus on the values.
- The National Outcomes Framework for Volunteering illustrates the contribution that volunteering makes to the National Performance Framework.
- Scotland's Forestry Strategy 2019â€“2029 - our long-term framework for the sustainable management of Scotland's woodland - outlines its links to the National Outcomes and the SDGs.
- Forestry and Land Scotland has developed five corporate outcomes that support the National Outcomes and NPF purpose.
- TheÂ Environment Strategy for ScotlandÂ creates an overarching framework for Scotlandâ€™s strategies and plans on the environment and climate change. It sets out our long-term vision for Scotlandâ€™s environment and our role in tackling the global climate and nature crises.
Case studies from the Third Sector
Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) have captured case studies from a number of voluntary organisations who have used the National Performance Framework (NPF) in their work.
- Befriending Networks provides support, training and guidance to befriending projects across the country. They used the NPF when considering applying for new funding.
- The Scottish SPCA has been re-evaluating how it reports on its activities and measures its impact. They used the NPF as a key tool in setting out their 2020 business plan.Â
- Scottish Youth Theatre Arts Scotland and its members have been considering how they can collectively improve evidencing the impact of their work on non-arts priorities for Scotland. The NPF provided inspiration for this work.
Outcomes-based policy making process
Supported by Bridge 47, we have developed a guide for policy makers through a collaboration withÂ civil society organisations in Scotland (the IDEAS network, SDG Network Scotland, Scotlandâ€™s International Development AllianceÂ and Oxfam Scotland).
Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) works with third sector organisations and funders so that they can measure and report on their impact. The ESS websiteÂ contains a range of evaluation guides, tools, and case studies on every aspect of evaluation. This includes a number of resources to support setting outcomes and indicators.
|162.38 KB||162.38 KB|